Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We have two days of Christmas in the Clark family. Today we will go to my granddaddy's house and celebrate with my side of the family. Tomorrow all the Clark's will come here and we'll eat a big lunch and celebrate together. My kiddos are beyond excited and it is fun to watch them. I am trying to do last minute things and everyone is about to head out to clean their rooms. Because you know, Santa will not come to a house with dirty bedrooms. (I know, I am terrible.)

I love to get together with our families, I love presents, and I love yummy food. But, I hope to remember that this is not about me. This is about remembering. Remembering what God did for us. James said something a couple of days ago and I hope I always remember it.

We were looking at a Nativity story book together. He likes to talk about each person and each animal. He points them all out and makes the animal sounds. That day when he got to the manger he said, "Look Momma, it's Baby God."

Emmanuel, God With Us.

11 comments:

  1. "Baby God" - that is priceless!!! I love it!

    I hope you have an amazing Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I visit your blog, I'm in awe of how incredibly blessed you are!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have two days of Christmas as well. It works well for all of us and thankfully we can spend it with both families.

    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun today and I'm so sorry I didn't make the chicken ball. I will never do that to you again. Can't wait to wear my pajamas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Wendy!! Hope you have a lovely couple of days and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :)
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's precious!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome reminder. God is to be praised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when the kids say something that shows they really understand something of the gospel message. Some days my 4 year old answers questions about God that my 11 year old and 9 year old either will not or cannot! Treasure those moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When my son was little we had to have a special birthday cake for Jesus. We then sang Happy Birthday Jesus and my son would get to blow out the candle. It was very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! What a precious memory!

    ReplyDelete