I like all genres: fiction, mystery, Christian doctrine, Christian fiction, historical books, biography... No science fiction for me though.
So, if you need something clean and fun to read then here you go! This is a list of some of my favorites. I will add to it as I remember and read more.
(These are in no particular order)
- Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers (Go and get this book right now and commence reading. Three days later-if it takes that long-take a deep breath and try to recover. Oh, my goodness, to think that HE pursues me like that!)
- Joy in the Morning, by Betty Smith
- A Lantern In Her Hand, by E.A. Streeter
- Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss
- Abram's Daughters series, by Beverly Lewis
- All the Little House books
- The End of the Road, by Tom Bodett
- The Mitford Series, by Jan Karon
- Skipping Christmas, by John Grishom (I reread this every Christmas)
- Through the Gates of Spendour, by Elisabeth Elliot (I think if I could spend the day with anyone it would be Elisabeth. Her writings encourage me so much).
- Let Me Be A Woman, by E. Elliot
- The Shaping of a Christian Family, by E. Elliot
- A New England Nun, by Mary Freeman (a short story)
- The Southern Sisters Mystery Series, by Anne George (Anne was an Alabama writer and her books are set here in AL. I love them all-I have read them over and over for 10 years. They are my "when I can't sleep books" and need something familiar to read.)
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin
- A Mom Just Like You, by Vicki Farris (a very good encouraging homeschooling book)
- Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
- Christy, by Catherine Marshall