Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Past Couple of Days

It has been pretty calm around here the past couple of days. Our schoolwork is slowing down as we finish more books so the kids are having more time to play and be outside. Unfortunately, it won't stop raining. Lots and lots of rain. We did go to the library Friday afternoon so that was fun. I LOVE the library. I checked out Pride and Prejudice. We have the movie on our Netflix list, but I want to read the book before I watch it. Oh, my goodness, it is good... The first two chapters were hard to read because of the language, but now that I am familiar with it, I just want to sit and read and read and read.

Saturday morning we had another downpour. It thundered so loud it shook two of my pictures off the wall! Here is Matt playing in our yard after the rain.
And here is James looking longingly at Matt. He really wanted to play in the water, but his mean old momma wouldn't let him.
Last night was Abbie's American Heritage Girl Awards Night. She was so cute and sweet in her little uniform. She was in the Color Guard and also had a little speaking part in one of the presentations.

Here are a few more random picks.

A new hairstyle we were playing around with the other day.

James is ready for the rain!


I think he must be doing a anti-rain dance.

I have a fourth child, but evidently he must have been hiding from me and the camera. He'll be the star of the show next time.

6 comments:

  1. Your family is precious! I love Pride and Prejudice, it's up there on my list of top books with Anne of Green Gables and Gone with the Wind. Just love that drama between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, but the thought of Mr. Collins makes me want to crawl out of my skin!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Pride and Prejudice! I'll have to check it out. Would it be good to take to CA? Abbie looked precious - I love the updo. Did little man get his haircut too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, it's good, but not sure it would be "vacation" reading. I have to be in the quiet reading zone to concentrate on it. But, its good and I can't wait to watch the movie. Yes, James and Matt both got haircuts. James looks so much older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! Just got back from the library!! Have you been to the new "plaza" area!?! Oh my goodness! I am dreaming now of sitting in there reading and drinking coffee!!

    Love me some P&P, but definitely not vacation material. Takes a little brain power - which I am not willing to exert on vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE Pride and Prejudice...well, I've never read the book but the DVD - awesome!

    ReplyDelete