Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Him (or me?)

My James went on a nap strike again yesterday. By 5:30 pm this is what I was dealing with:


He was mad to start with and then he really GOT mad when I started taking his picture. Bless his heart, he can't even have a good meltdown without being blog fodder.

Now, if you have read this blog for any amount of time you know I love these children. I would die for them without a second thought. My whole day pretty much revolves around them and I wouldn't have it any other way. BUT, I LOVE NAPTIME too. I'm no fool. I have been around this block three other times and the scenery hasn't changed. Most toddlers at 2 1/2 still need a nap. My first actually gave up his nap at 2 1/2, and although I cried (literally) it was okay. He began going to bed at 7 pm and slept all night and all was good. But, from the pictures above (and the meltdown and fits I witnessed yesterday afternoon) I'm pretty sure he still needs his nap. And I think I will need one also.

8 comments:

  1. Bless his little heart - that's just pitiful. I think he needs his Aunt Jill. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's why he was crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize with you, that's exactly what Luke looks like when he doesn't get a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHHHH Don't tell Christopher that nap time sometimes ends at 2 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor thing! YOU poor thing! I remember being very sad indeed when Aaron stopped napping. It was a little 'me' time in the afternoon. I've been out of sorts today. Maybe I need a nap. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. yes, Naps ARE NECESSARY, James!! Get with the program!!! :)

    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby! Poor Mama! Some of the worst weeks were those following the loss of naptime. I STILL need it, only no one over here ever complies - well, except my hubs, but that sooo doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much meltdown without my nap too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a heartfelt proponent of naps! I was especially heartbroken when as babies they moved from two to one nap a day. Now, sadly most days there is no napping. No one seems to need it but me, weird!

    ReplyDelete