Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Okay, I have something to say now....

Dear Mr. Carseat Manufacturer,

In the future it will do you well to remember that your target audience is females of child-bearing years and because of that they might be a little hormonal when they are trying to take the blasted carseat cover off of the actual carseat so it can be properly washed. I know you thought it would be a clever idea to make the cover so hard to remove that the female owner would just shake her head and head down to the local WallyWorld and buy a whole new carseat. But there is one thing you did not count on. PMS. And by cracky, when you have a pmsy woman and a stubborn carseat cover, the woman is going to win. It may not be pretty. It may cause the children to run away and hide. It may cause the in-laws to look out the windows and see what is happening, but IT.WILL.COME.OFF.

And, Dear Mr. Brand-New Piggly Wiggly Manager,

It may behoove you to know that the brand new car buggies that your store has provided for the little ones SQUEAK. And I use that term mildly. They make an unbearable noise that was GRATING.ON.MY.VERY.LAST.NERVE while I was shopping in your store today. It took all the self control that was within me (and there wasn't much left) to not go ballistic on the buggy. Please use some WD-40 and fix the problem before I visit again.

And, Dear Mr. Hershey Almond-Toffee Chocolate Maker,

You are doing a fine job and I am enjoying your product immensely right now. Please keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

MamaHen

20 comments:

  1. I was going to recommend eating some chocolate, but I see you already did. Good. It will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!!!!!
    May I add one?
    Dear Tooth Fairy,
    Please stop forgetting to put money under my children's pillows. You are getting so forgetful, they are beginning to wonder if I am really the tooth fairy. If you want to keep your job, deliver the moo-lah! ;)
    Signed,
    Forgetful mother
    I MISS YOU WENDY! Your blog, as usual, never fails to bring a smile to my face!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy-you are too funny. I am laughing out loud! I also have no tolerance for a squeaky or wopazootie (I am sure that IS a word) buggy!
    Hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the story of my life. Next time I would bring my own WD40.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always when there are multiple offenses that it's the worst. Car seat + squeaky buggy = too much.

    Here's hoping that the car seat cover never needs washing again, and the buggies get fixed, pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are doing a fine job there sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH
    MY
    GOSH

    Mama Hen, you made me laugh out loud!

    Rock on sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! BTDT!

    I had my own little frustrations today, but I kept trying to grin and bear it and forgive and forget. Especially since it is too early for the hormones to be kicking in yet. However, I did have a nice big slice of leftover chocolate birthday cake when we got home this evening. Chocolate. It is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sucks, I haven't even tried to take mine off yet. Two years of grime in one of them. YUCK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark, back slowly out of the house, being certain your keys and driver's license are in your pocket. Quietly start the truck and drive rapidly yet safely to the nearest general store. Purchase more chocolate, return home, and keep the chocolate in between yourself and Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great how we can use our blogs to vent??

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And a hearty AMEN from over here. There are about a dozen or so more letters that need to be written, but you got us all off to a fabulous start! Just fabulous!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the stupid carseat covers! I'm embarrassed to say this, but Luke wet through his diaper on a long car trip about 6 months ago, and I had every intention of taking the cover off and washing it, but after struggling with it for what seemed like hours, I gave up and haven't tried again since...so Luke has been sitting in pee stained carseat ever since. (shhh, don't tell anyone else) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so with you on those car seat covers!!

    I have actually considered carrying around WD-40 in my diaper bag for those annoying carts!

    Funny post!

    ReplyDelete