Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Bowling Birthday

Saturday was my dad's 60th birthday. AuntSisterJill cooked up a surprise birthday party for him and it was so much fun! We went bowling and can I say~~I am loving me some bowling! I took a bowling class in college (for PE) and even though I liked it I did not learn anything. The professor (ha,ha,ha) came to the first class and didn't come back again. He would leave the attendance sheet on a table and we would sign in. Needless to say I earned my A in that class by simply coming to class enough times.

Anyways, other than Wii bowling I had not been in years. So much fun and it was even better because all my hilarious family was there. Jill's husband Jay is knock me over funny with his practical jokes and one-liners. He had me laughing from start to finish.

I "think" my dad was surprised and Jill did a great job arranging everything.

Nana and PawPaw and the grandkiddos.

I took a lot of other pics but it is taking forever to load them and I'm impatient so that's that. So, bowling is now my new favorite thing and unfortunately no one came up to me at the alley and asked me to join their awesome ladies bowling team. So, back to the Wii.

Oh, and Saturday was also my mother and father-in-law's 68th anniversary. 68 years, 5 children, 9 grandchildren, 1 great-grandson, and 1 awesome, wonderful, too-good-to-be-true great-grandddaughter. Can you even imagine the memories they must have?

***Edited to Add. Oh, FavCousinGirl, please please please forgive Aunt Wendy. I am getting up there in years. I will have you a prize next time you come over. And maybe I won't forget to give it to you.

6 comments:

  1. It was super fun and I am also shocked that no one asked you to join their bowling league!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to all the sweet fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that Schyler is a little bit mad at you - and you should be having a "how could I forget her!?!" moment right now.

    Also, Granny and Granddaddy are going to love this - I think it's pretty funny that your husband's parents were married for 8 years when your dad was born..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun surprise birthday party! Wow, 68 years, thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool bowling i never done it

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! We love to bowl too. So what were your scores? We need to have a blogger bowling meet! :)

    ReplyDelete