Friday, June 4, 2010

The Queen of Good Times

Today my sweet wonderful lovely awesome sister Jill is coming to pick up all four of my kiddos. She is taking them out to lunch and to a movie. While they are gone I am going to set up the ironing board, wipe out all the ironing I have stashed in various parts of my bedroom, and FINALLY FINALLY watch Sense and Sensability. Yes, I still have not watched it yet. Something has always happened.

I was telling Jill about my plans and she said, "Wow Wendy, you really know how to have a good time."

But I look at it this way. I am getting something I need to do and something I want to do at the same time. And I might need to make a Chick-Fil-A run for a peach milkshake just to keep my stamina up from all the good times!

Edited to add: I got all my ironing done and watched the movie! It was really good and I know I will want to watch it again in a couple of months. Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite though. Mrs. Jennifer says I need to watch the one with Kiera Knightly so that will be next on my list. Also Becoming Jane. Mark is going out of town next week to Scout Camp so maybe I can have a late night movie time. Probably not as next week is VBS and I will be dead tired at 8:30. We'll see.

11 comments:

  1. Well, you totally had me with all the kids gone...Sense and Sensiblity (you will LOVE it)...even the peach milkshake! But, IRONING?!?!? On your free day to yourself - grrr. Hope it is all you are looking forward to:)

    Have a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a mess! Like I'm one to talk, I've been on vacation this week and only left the house a total of three times (and 2 of those times were in the same day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like something I'd do- Either home upkeep (sans children under foot is amazing!) or go grocery shopiing, (sans children hanging off the cart, is amazing!) No matter, enjoy. Homeschool children need little breaks from their Mommas just as much as the Momma needs a break from them once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can your sweet sister please move to california? i would love me an afternoon of quiet, ironing and s.s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she sweet, CRAZY but sweet :) Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog:) And gee thanks... now I want a peach shake too!! Please feel free to add my crazy blog on your roll- I'm adding yours right now!! I hope I can help you with Simply Love... let me know if you have any questions!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful afternoon, doesn't matter what you're doing if you have the whole house just to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom came and got the three oldest so I could hold the two littles all day - they are sick AGAIN!!! UGHHHH
    It was nice getting to spend that uniterrupted time with them though!

    How did you like the movie??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that sounds like an AMAZING way to spend the day. I, for one, can ONLY iron if I bribe myself with something nice....A peach shake and a movie would do just the thing!! Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love catching up on your blog and LAUGHING! It does my heart good! Your kiddos and their antics just make me smile!

    BIG hugs to you!!!!!!!! Praying for ya....any updates?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to enjoy yourself in the way in which it pleaseth you!!! If I had a day alone right now, I think I'd lay completely still and not move. All day.

    ReplyDelete