Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Morning

Lisa, from The Pennington Point, recently gave me "The Stylish Blogger" Award. Oh, bless her heart, she needs to come spend a whole day with me. I am so not stylish~about anything. My sister Jill, was and is the stylish sister in my family. She can make anything she wears look good and can make anything in her house look good.

So, to accept the award I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Ya'll, this is so hard...

1. I got to meet Lisa in person! She stopped by our part of town on her way home from Blissdom. Janet and I met her at the Ole Cracker Barrel and it was fun, fun! I love getting to know my on-line friends in real life. Lisa had a long drive ahead of her so she didn't get to stay long, but Janet and I got to spend about an hour talking after she left and let me tell you, if you aren't following Janet's blog and all that is going on with her adoptions-you are missing out! Oh, and she is having an IPAD raffle fundraiser going on RIGHT NOW!

(Lisa, MamaHen, and Janet)

2. Speaking of adoptions, Mark and I started Foster Care Classes last week. We are not sure where all this will lead, but we are going to "walk through the doors as God opens them." We have been saying that for three years and there have been many many many moments when I wanted to stop walking. (just to be totally honest). We'll see what happens...

3. I am ready to pull out the flip-flops. The weather has been delightful here for the past week. It is getting me itching for spring.

4. I ordered our first garden seeds Wednesday. Gardens are a lot of work, but they are so worth it. James was eating a sliced cucumber the other day and I thought about the niceness of having them right out the back door when we want one.

5. My bestest friend Rebekah is this much closer to bringing home two new playmates for my kiddos. That means when we get together we will have 12 kiddos between us. And do you know we actually get to visit together more now than when we had 5 littles between us? The older ones only approach us when they are in need of food. And all the middles watch out for the littles. We sure couldn't have imagined all this 15 years ago, could we Rebekah?

6. I watched Masterpiece's Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion while I was sick and/or folding clothes these past two weeks. It took me that long because they are Long with a capital L, but it was worth it. Persusion was okay, but Sense and Sensibility was sooooo good.

7. I really want to win this bloggy giveaway! The chocolate is needed here. That's all I'm going to say about that.

So, if I mentioned you in this list-you are officially tagged with The Stylish Blogger award! Tell us seven things about yourself!

Do any of you have fun weekend plans? I would love to hear about them.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter's teacher has two little girls that she fostered to adopt. It's a process, but obviously worth it in the end! Keep walking where God leads you and He will continue opening the doors :)

    We are skiing this weekend. Hopefully no one breaks anything or freezes anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the magazines. Thanks !!!
    Maggie is so sick, so my weekend will be spent holding a hot,coughing sick baby (and maybe reading my new magazines ?)
    Hopefully, she will be feeling better soon !!

    ReplyDelete