Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Happy Happy Birthday...

This day not too many years ago my sweet momma was born. She was born on a cold day in an unfinished house and only weighed 4 lbs. My grandmother was 19 years old. I cannot even imagine.

But my mother thrived and grew into a beautiful teenager who caught the eye of my daddy at a drag race. They were married very young and my my mom had me at 19. And she was the best mom ever. And is the best mom ever now.

Tonight my sister Jill is hosting a birthday dinner for her and my daddy who had his birthday last week. We know how blessed we are to have a great relationship with our parents and we are looking forward to spending some time with them tonight.

Happy Birthday Momma!

4 comments:

  1. You are SO, SO Wright (sorry, had to do that!) - they are both THE BEST! Please relay birthday love from the supper club friends.

    Ken and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say happy birthday to your mom from a total stranger who knows both her daughters :) (or do you have another sister somewhere who doesn't blog?!)
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to both of them - hope you had a great evening of celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sweet! Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete