Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Morning...

How in the world did it get to be Friday?
How in the world did it get to be December?
Christmas already?
I am just getting used to writing 2011 on my checks and now it is about to go changing on me again.

The weekend is coming and it is readying to be a super-busy one for the ole MamaHen and the Abbie-girl. Christmas parties, a Christmas parade, dress rehearsals, Salvation Army bell-ringing (although I am with you Lisa on the sound of the bells-they do have the strangest tinkling sound, don't they), and then two Christmas play performances on Sunday morning. Then Tyler has a church Christmas shin-ding Sunday night.

Oh, and I am planning on Rebekah having that sweet baby Sunday. Rebekah, I'll even give up my birthday nap if I need to come to the hospital to hold the baby for you while you recover.

And I go through my "why can't we just all stay home?" questions and then head out to the mini-van because older wiser people have told me all this will go by so fast and these are the best times of my life, etc, etc, etc...

I can vouch for the time flying for sure. And for the best time of our lives-I think they are pretty much right on with that too. Except I really love the rocking babies to sleep times and the "I can't come, we have little ones you know" times and it just being our little family here all tucked in at our house.

I am in a transition time here at the Clark House of Chaos. No more real little ones and moving into a new territory of teens and pre-teens. Still very much children, but the way I talk with them and relate to them is starting to change. I can't explain it, I just know it is happening. I feel like I just got the baby thing figured out and now they aren't babies!

Well, that went off in a tangent I wasn't expecting...

So, I am claiming this weekend as a great bonding and fun time with my Abbie-girl. Mark and my mom and dad are holding down the fort with the boys. Abbie, her friends, and I can take this weekend and run with it. We will be running, from here and there, thats for sure. It'll be a good one because I'll be with her and then Sunday I will turning 39 and I will have the chance to see all my family at Abbie's performance.

That's another thing-how am I turning 39 when I haven't done all the things I was going to do when I was 38?.........

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time right now, busy but making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cracking me up planning what day Rebekah should have her baby! Did you know there is a full moon Saturday (I think that means late tonight)? I have had 2 or 3 full moon babies! Only problem is, the hospital is always packed to the gills with new mamas... The good thing is, they are so busy with the new-new mamas that they leave the old-new mamas to sleep. Ahhh... maybe I should go out walking some more...

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried really hard, but it doesn't look like I'm gonna have this baby on your bday. :( who knows, we have 2.5 hours to go. ;) But tomorrow is Mother's, so that would be cool, too.

    However, I beginning to not care which day it is just so we can wrap this party up! LOL!

    ReplyDelete