Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Sight To Behold...

Today was a strange day all around. I'm not going to go into all the details cause they are boring and strange, but today was one of those days that you think are never going to end.

BUT, while driving the kids to the library we saw one of the strangest things I have ever seen and I'm pretty sure I will never see again.

We were driving down a major interstate and started to come upon an animal trailer hauling something. As we got closer we saw it was cows. Now, that is not strange, its a pretty common sight around here. But as we got even more closer I noticed something different about the last cow on the trailer. It took me a minute to process what I was seeing.

All of a sudden Abbie yelled, "She's having a baby!!!!"

And she was.

The poor cow was out in the freezing cold, ON A TRAILER, riding down the interstate, and her calf was about half way out of her!

I pulled up to the cab of the truck, blew my horn, and dramatically motioned to the driver that something was wrong in the back. He looked surprised and as I drove off I saw him pulling over.
Hopefully he was able to help her, although she looked like she had it pretty much under control. I guess she didn't have a choice, did she?

Anyway, that was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen on the interstate. How about you?

10 comments:

  1. Ok, I would have freaked out! Poor cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is crazy! One time as we passed a cow trailer on the highway a cow did it's business and it went all over the side of our car, windows and everything. That was pretty awful. I hope both the mama and baby were okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, it was freaky. I kept replaying it over and over in my mind just to be sure that that was really what I had saw. I'm glad the kids were with me to verify.

    MamaHen Em-to use a word from high school-GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that beats all. All though one time we were driving down the highway and I came up behind a diesel being towed, it looked like it was coming at us, so we took a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Wait! Year before last we were driving home from church, on a four lane highway and we were in the fast lane, a guy was flying straight at us in our lane, coming right at us. I thought we were dead, my husband veered toward the median and so did the other car, at the last second (God's angels) the other car veered away from the median and just cleared us...didn't even scrape us...it was pretty amazing...he looked at us with no clue and wasn't old...I don't know what that was about, but guessed drugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! That's insane!!! I do believe the craziest thing I've seen is a woman going pee. Yep. Pulled over and went pee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking for 30 min, as I watch HGTV....can't think of a thing. Poor cow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no words...all I can say is CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't really think of anything, except the ones who drive with small children (toddlers and preschoolers) bouncing around all over the car. Some people seem to think that car seats are optional. I say no, buckle up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....just....wow. And why didn't you take a picture?

    ReplyDelete