Monday, August 27, 2012

Deep Breath...

Today we start school.  With all the children.  Not just one, or two, or three, but all four.  I know all you seasoned high school moms are saying, "hmp! no big deal."  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  :)  I've been up since 2:30. Can't sleep.  That means I will crash around 1:00, right when I need to be covering Mathematics with Matt.  That's what my mental schedule tells me.  I am seasoned enough to know NOT to write down a minute by minute schedule until AFTER the first day.  That will just end in tears for all of us. 

I know it will be okay, it has been for the past nine years.  I just feel very unprepared. 

I did do lots of preparation this weekend, and all of our books except for three are here, and they should arrive today.  All of the kids notebooks and boxes are filled and today will just be a day of history and going over things and what is expected with each child. Except for James, who is an old pro-being one week in. He actually asked to do Kindergarten Saturday.  He wanted to do some hard math and some science.  I declined, but we did sit on the swing and read books together.

Okay, here we go.  Less of me and more of Jesus.  I am going to keep saying that today, along with the advice from Elisabeth Elliot, "Just do the next thing." 

"Less of me, less of me, less of me...."

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about it suddenly feeling like a lot when you add in one more student. Princess is officially Kindergarten this year, and I'm only adding my third one.

    I'm thinking of taking the day off, public schools start back today, and I'm thinking we might go somewhere fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like wonderful advice to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I am so proud of you and if you weren't nervous then I would be. Nervous means you care, not worried, just that you want the best for the four precious ones. HE will walk beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone! Many of us are in the trenches with you. (Only some of us have all grade school kids and no high schoolers... I am sure each season has its good and bad days!)

    You CAN do this! You WILL do this! And, Jesus is you is being strengthened as you admit your weakness! 2 Cor 12:9

    You are going to do great!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Sis! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're doing super! Do the missing books happen to be Abeka? Jake says they are swamped and he handles over 500 orders some days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet-no they are actually from Sonlight and Memoria Press, which is strange to me, caused I paid dearly for that shipping. I will be ordering some Abeka next week though bc I think one of mine needs that structure for Math. Abeka usually has a good turn-around time though. I have ordered from them a lot. Rod and Staff have the best I think.

    ReplyDelete