Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. My Sweet Hubby surprised me the other day with this wonderful present! He is the best and I will be writing lots more about him later.

Growing up I always loved to watch The Walton's. I loved the big old farmhouse and all the children and how the family always worked together. I didn't know I would get to live like them one day! We live in a sweet little house on a hobby farm and my in-laws live right next to us in an in-laws apartment. We moved here in 2004 so we could be closer to them. This is the house my husband grew up in and the house I hope will always be "home" to my children. We have chickens, a big garden, and the kids have lots of room to play. It is not perfect; my husband has a very long commute everyday and he has to work very hard on the weekends to catch up on all the yard/garden work missed during the week. It is an old house that needs lots of work, but it is fun dreaming about re-doing and adding on. We home school, therefore we are home all day and it is not always shining clean.(Some days it is not even a little bit clean!) It is extremely hot here in the summertime and there are a lot of bugs!

But I would not trade it for anything. I can send my kids out to play and not worry about where they are or what they are up to. I have two in-laws who love my children like crazy and my kids are growing up knowing what it is to serve and help them. The kids know they are a part of a family and we help each other. They are hopefully learning it is not all about them all the time.

I have the most wonderful parents ever. My daddy is the one who still calls me and checks on me. He wants to just see what I am doing that day. He always tells me I am his favorite blond-headed daughter. (My sister has black hair.)He has always worked so hard for our family. My mom is always there when I call, and that has been a lot. She has helped me through four very difficult pregnancies and is my #1 favorite babysitter. I have my sister, Jill, who is so supportive of me and she thinks my kids are the best thing ever. She makes me laugh all the time. And I have one brother Del, whom I bet thinks I am still too bossy!

Our family loves the Lord and wants to glorify and make Him known in all we do. We fail miserably, a lot, but we also know His grace that has already forgiven us.

Thank you for stopping by and I will be posting more as I can!

10 comments:

  1. Well, I am so excited about your blog! This is going to be fun! That is the sweetest thing that Mark wrote! I didn't know he was a Hall-Mark! (sorry. ..hee hee)
    The thing is, everything he wrote is absolutely true! You are the greatest, Wendy! I can't wait to access your wisdom right here on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy how exciting! I love the blog! I can't wait to follow along the adventures of the Clark family! Yay!
    And Mark's post was so precious!
    I didn't know yall had chickens. I want chickens, I think. Or do I? ;)
    Blessings!
    Oh, one more thing, the blog name is so GREAT! These are long days, yet such short years!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie-girl! Who knew Mark had that in him???? You are the best sister in the world and as far as mom's go - second only to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooohoooo! I am so excited! Now I get to have a bigger peak into your life!!! I also love the Waltons - I bought the first series on dvd at the beginning of this year and we all watched them. I love the simple life (even if it is a lot of work sometimes!!).

    Your hubby sounds so sweet! I'm glad he gave you this gift! I can't wait to keep reading future posts :)

    Oh, and your garden - I'm so glad it is going so well.

    love,

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT is a great first post. Mine is kind of blah.

    I didn't realize your in-laws lived so close, do they still?

    And I know what you mean about not one little bit clean sometimes. It is impossible.

    Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mama hen,
    It's neat to see another blogger that has been blogging since 2008! The body of Christ is a real blessing! I am always so blessed to see what the Lord is doing in His people and how wide an varied they are in the world.
    In Christ! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, makes me wish I lived there with you and the chickens :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your " the Spirit reminded me that my children don't need a SuperMom, they need a SuperJesus. One whom they can turn to when their mother fails them again. One they can turn to when they are having to make a wise choice on how to treat their siblings. One that will give them joy when the world hurts them." on your What My Children Need page.

    Dropped by from Ma's :D I saw an Alabama blogger button? I was born in Sheffield myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through Ma's blog and I have to say I love your first post! I loved the Waltons growing up. In fact I still watch it!
    Your place sounds wonderful.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete