Sunday, October 19, 2008

SWMBO

This morning I church I learned something new. Evidently there is a whole separate text language that people use when they text message each other. I do not text for three reasons. 1. I don't know how to do that on my phone, 2. I don't have time to learn another language, and 3. My fingers are too big to press all those tiny buttons.

But anyway, my pastor was using some text abbreviations to make a point in his sermon. He said this one and we were supposed to guess what it was. It refers to a wife and it is:

SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED
Now, I certainly don't expect Mark to obey me, but I told the kids to no longer call me Momma. From now on I am simply,
SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED
I think it has a nice ring to it, don't you?

4 comments:

  1. I think that is how I would like to be known from now on, too.

    My friend showed me how to text (mostly to keep up with my teenage brother) but it takes me waaa-ay to long to do it. My sis and bro type my paragraphs in the time it takes me to do one word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You should start a Mama's Club, aka SWMBO!!!

    It could have by-laws, like if you do not toe the line for SWMBO then YMDMC (You Must Do More Chores)!

    I have one vacuuming for me at this very moment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Wendy, good luck with that. We all have dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! You are the long arm of the law at your house!

    ReplyDelete