Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday

Today has been a good calm day here at our house. I think everyone might be getting over all the coughing and runny noses. We had school and then I took a nap this afternoon when James took his. I was so sleepy. I stayed up till 1:30 reading this wonderful book, A Lantern In Her Hand. It is set in the times of the Little House books, but the book is about the mother, not the children. Seeing life from her perspective and her thoughts about family was interesting. This is a really good book and I was sad when it was over. I looked up the author, Bess Street Aldrich, and was happy to find out she has written other books as well. So, back to the library for me.

Mark has a meeting at church tonight so he will be late. I'm off to bathe James and then read to the other kids. We are reading Kildee House which I think is going to be really good. I'll check back in tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Well..I went straight to my library catalog online and reserved myself a copy of A Lantern in Her Hand. I really enjoy reading but haven't found anything in quite awhile that just "grabbed" me....then I get into this okay books but I have to finish them (just a rule for myself??)..which can be a bore! Thanks for a good recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to go to the library and get a copy of A Lantern in Her Hand too. I have been looking for a "good" book to read lately. I am reading the Journal of Laura Ingalls Wilder when they left DeSmett. The kids love these books and I do to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this book. I'll have to check it out after I finish reading the Shack.

    I hope that you had a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check it out too. I bet I'll really be able to identify with that mom since you know, I'm not one. But you know, it might be the next best thing to say, going to a conference thingy and having two girls teach me how to grow a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill! Are you not going to try Gardening 101? You will miss some expert gardeners, you know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picked up the book today - can't wait to get started. I could use some good fiction....

    ReplyDelete