Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday

Nothing exciting to write about (so thats good~unless it is the excitement of us getting our baby girl, but no news yet). Today we will be doing school and working on a few problem areas. The wonderful thing about homeschooling is that I can see firsthand what is or is becoming a problem and (hopefully) nip it in the bud. I have one child who needs desperate help with handwriting and unfortunately it has become somewhat of a character issue as I think this child is doing sloppy work just to be different and rebel. So, today might be a long day here. Hopefully not.

A long day might be good as this afternoon I will be freezing peppers and washing my jars to prepare for canning. Also, tonight is grocery buying night so I need to make my list. Does anyone else's heart flip a little when you bring in the flyer from Publix? It doesn't take much to make me happy. I LOVE matching the sales up with my coupons and seeing how low I can get receipt. How do you buy your groceries? Are you a coupon gal or a just go in and get it done gal? I have been both, depending on the season of my life.

7 comments:

  1. I am a go and get it done girl. I do make a list and a weekly menu though. Without that, I would be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are just like that! Nothing new to report. But does that mean you're expecting? I had no idea! Or am I putting my foot in my mouth! Something I do on a daily basis!

    Anyway, my daughter attended public school up till 4th grade when we put her in a Christian school. Come to find out that the Christian school teaches cursive writing in 3rd grade. Public school teaches it in 4th grade. So I was the one who had to teach my daughter and it was SUCH a struggle. I often wondered like you if she wasn't just being difficult just to be difficult!!

    Hope it goes well with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear about your adoption story, do you have some blog posts about it?
    I shop at publix and I love their BOGO deals, I am a coupon cutter & printer...I use a blog, www.fiddledeedeemom.com , that matches publix's BOGO deals with other coupons for extra savings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a coupon sales ad matching person. I get all the papers and write down the deals and make the menu then make the list. But I price match all at walmart and save some running. Walmart matches all but buy one get one. And I have a discount card there lol. So I like to go shop for my deals there. Oh just a lil tip ALDI alot of the times runs milk for 1.99 a gallon so if I am low there is one here by work that I stop at. I know usually I wouldn't stop for one item but they have good buys also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    I hear Publix has some pretty good specials -- we don't have one in my area. I go to Meijer and they usually have a handful of really good deals each week.

    I usually shop on Saturday and make out my list the Sunday before and match up all my coupons (this is also when I clip each week's coupons. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to do the whole thing.

    It's such fun to see that low receipt total, isn't it?

    Blessings,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do both! I love using coupons and I LOVE looking at the Publix and CVS circulars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can be better about using the coupons, but sometimes during busy seasons we don't even receive the newspaper, and it is a mix of BOGO specials at Publix (it used to be Meijer's when we were living in KY, now it is Publix) and making most of it from scratch so you mostly can't use coupons anyway. I'm currently in a busy season of life, so I have some coupons still back from when we had a newspaper subscription, but usually no time to go through them. Some weeks I write my grocery list DIRECTLY onto the Publix flyer, circling the sales and writing the extras: "milk, eggs, etc." on the front page! Then I just grab that and carry it in to the store!

    ReplyDelete