Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello????


It snowed again last night. I don't think My Sweet Home Alabama listened to me at all yesterday.

Today we will be home all day. Not one place to go. Yippee. I love days to stay at home. Love the routine of school, laundry, cooking, reading books to the kids, and all that jazz. Speaking of cooking. I think I am going to try Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta tonight. I saw it the other day and I can't get it out of my mind. As it is very cold outside I am going to try to make the best of an inside day. We are still reading out loud, The Long Winter, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and we are also reading out loud a book about Noah Webster.

I have bills to pay today also, and Tyler has fractions to get through, but I am going to do that and get it over with. Then, we can settle in and read and talk and I might even get one of the kids to make up a dance routine with me. Yes, I really do things like that around here. Napoleon Dynamite has nothing on me with the dance routines.

What are your plans for the day?

8 comments:

  1. Ummm, let's see. I'll be at work being jealous of you being at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No school here today! I LOVE at home days. Today I'm catching up on laundry, baking bread and banana bread, possibly cleaning a bathroom or two and making kids practice the piano!

    Last summer we listened to all the Little House books on CD in the car while driving to various places. We all loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was snowing here too!! Enjoy! Nothing better than reading The Long Winter when it is cold out :) I'm hoping for a day at home too... laundry, school, um, yeah, same thing :)
    enjoy!!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, we are also reading the Long Winter, and I think the kids are going to rename it the Loooong Book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow again? I missed it this time, because the kids and I are in Houston visiting my sister&brother-in-law. My new nephew was born yesterday, so I've been taking care of his big sister...it's been quite hectic with two 2 year olds and an 8 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to stay home also. But I need to go shopping for my little boy is turning 13 tomorrow and he needs to open some presents!!! Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe just last week you were longing for some days at home - snow days exactly - and, well, there you have it! Now - just don't wish for two weeks of them (it just is not as pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry the weather didn't listen to you :( I hope it does soon!

    ReplyDelete