Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yummy Creamy Goodness

Today I am participating in Heavenly Homemaker's Recipe Link-Up. She asked us all to share any recipes we enjoy. This one is an old favorite of mine. It has some unusual ingredients, but combined they are delicious! My mom used to make it for me when I was a little girl and was sick. It was so cool and creamy and it really did make me feel better. She would also make us chicken noodles which I still crave even today when I am sick. Both of these items are good enough to get a little sick for in my opinion. I hope you can enjoy this salad free from sickness though!

Apricot Congealed Salad

1 cup hot water
2/3 cup sugar
large box apricot jello
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 small jars apricot or peach baby food
1 (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained

Mix first three ingredients and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, but do not boil. Turn it off as soon as it begins to boil. Pour into a large bowl. Add next two ingredients and blend. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a mold. (I just use a bowl). Chill four hours until firm.

2 comments: