Friday, March 18, 2011

Heard Around Here Lately....

Earlier today I went to get the broom. It was not in its usual place (shocking, I know). As Abbie was the closest child to me I asked her if she knew where the broom was.

She replied, "It's in the bathtub."

Me: "Pardon?"

She repeated herself and I asked, "Why is it in the bathtub?"

Her: "I don't know."

So I go and look and sure enough the broom was in the bathtub. Since I apparently can't leave well enough alone I inquired further.

Asking all the kids, "Who put the broom in the bathtub?" The usual chorus of "Not Me" rang out.

Then James piped up and said he did it. I asked why. He looked at me like I just arrived from the moon or something and said, "Because it was in my way."

I decided to just let it go.

2 comments:

  1. I can't blame you. Some days I just don't want to know, either.

    I half-expected you to say that one of the children saw a spider or something in the tub and was using it as a weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathtub is a great storage place! James knows what he's doing.

    ReplyDelete