Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do I Love My Girl, Or What...?

Well, yesterday one of my anxiety dreams actually happened. We could find all four single shoes for James' shoes, but could not find a mate for one of them. Yes, its true. I was having to seriously consider letting him wear two different shoes to the babysitter's house. He likes to go barefoot and he will just take the shoes off anywhere-in the tree house, in the climbing tree, at Granny's house and for some reason he feels he needs to take his shoes off when he goes to the potty also. Who knows? Abbie found a matching one at the very last minute so she was the heroine of the day.

I think I might have made too much of the adventure aspect of Abbie and I's weekend. Sorry to get your expectations up. We are going camping with the Heritage Girls. Cindy-you guessed right!

But here is the thing. Abbie and I are going by OURSELVES. As in, we will pitch the tent and sleep out in the wilderness (well, the State Park anyway), all alone. (Well, with about 40 other moms and little girls). But, it will be my first time doing camping where I am responsible for anything. For TWO NIGHTS. Can we do it? Will we make it? You will know Monday morning. If you don't hear from me by then just assume I am still wondering around the state park lost.

My sister Jill is awesome ya'll. When she found out Abbie and I were going camping she set me up. She got me some electric blue nail polish for my toes, a cute little bag to hold my toiletries in, and four new books!!!! FOUR!!!!! I am planning on sending Abbie on her merry way to explore the park (with other non-me supervision, of course) and then propping myself up in Mark's recliner camping chair. I will admire my freshly-painted toes and read myself into a nap.

Well, that's how I imagine it anyway. I'll let you know how it really went down Monday.

We are heading out for our Camping Adventure 2011 tomorrow afternoon. So around 6:00 pm tomorrow night I fully expect it to start raining, turn very cold, and then for the snow to start. I wouldn't be surprised if a tornado or two is thrown into the mix.

Jill, there's still time for you to join us? :)

5 comments:

  1. Ummm... Maybe if you had asked me earlier... Yeah, yeah, that's my story. If only I had known earlier. Then, I would have been all in - for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask you about Heritage girls--what age do they start, etc.....never mind=)
    Surely it won't snow!!
    I remember snow in March, but April?
    Looks like you will not only have warm weather, but AL humidity too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I can't wait to hear all about your camping adventure!

    ReplyDelete