Friday, September 30, 2011

This and That Friday...

Well, up until yesterday afternoon around 4:00 I was handling the camping thing pretty well. And then Tyler came and told me we were missing the tent stakes for both of our tents. At 4:00 in the afternoon. Even though he knew this long before 4:00. And then Matt tells me he hasn't done his history project for co-op. Which we leave for at 8:30 this morning. And then I realized I have to do this and that and this and that and then some more this and that.

And I fell apart. Now how come I can keep my cool about ER visits etc... but something like missing tent stakes makes me feel physically sick? Oh, and then Mark calls at 4:30 and says he won't be home until very late because he has a meeting at church.

So, I did what any stressed out mom with a lot of things to do did. I put the children to bed and went to bed myself. After feeding them supper and making sure they were bathed/showered and after watching The Brady Bunch Hawaii episodes until I thought "If I don't get to Hawaii soon someone is going to get hurt." And then falling asleep on the couch as Child Fuss and Child Fight went on and on about how the strings on The Brady Bunch worked when Marcia was trying to scare the boys in the attic. And vaguely waking up when Mark came home and then falling right back asleep.

So, needless to say I have a lot to do this morning. And I'm sitting here at the computer rambling on. I have a cake to make and clothes to pack. And then we are leaving for co-op. And then to Nana's to drop off James. She volunteered to stay with him so I am down to three kids camping. But James is the one I worry about the most. I am terrified of someone tripping and falling into the big campfire. One less to worry about is a good thing. Then to the camping place.

Will I ever stop whining?

Don't even think about robbing my house while I am gone. First of all, you will be sorely disappointed and we also have two bunnies, three cats, a turtle, six fish, and chickens that will greet you at the door and beg you to come in and feed them.

2 comments:

  1. It's always the little everyday things that pile up on me and lead to me having a come-apart. When I feel it coming on, I try to tell myself that everything will get done and that, even if it doesn't, the world will keep spinning. But, more often than not, the come-apart does come eventually. Hope camping is fun!

    ReplyDelete