1. Approximately 50 little girls playing Hide and Seek in the dark sounds like Orcs attacking when you are all snuggled in your sleeping bag and trying to get to sleep.
2. Little girls are much louder than my boys ever thought about being.
3. I was pretty sure I heard some bears outside my tent Friday night. Or could it have been a troll? Just FYI, don't watch a show about troll-spotting the night before you go on a campout. Just trust me on this one.
4. A 30 minute "leisure hike" can turn into a 2 1/2 mile uphill both ways torturous hike if you don't know where you are going. I can now count Saturday as my exercise time for the next two weeks.
Just kidding. I think.
5. Mark came up with the most awesome husband answer to the wife question, "Do you think I have lost weight?"
"I don't see how you could not have NOT lost at least five pounds this weekend?"
He is so great.
6. It has been decided that I will never again be involved in the setting up of the campsite upon arrival. I will do my mom thing and go to Walmart and buy all the things we forgot. This will be better for everyone involved. Especially for the husband and wife who are committed to staying together forever.
Mark said it was amazing the glee and delight I showed when taking down the campsite though.