Saturday, May 19, 2012

Not A Complete Fail....

Okay, yesterday was one of those days and maybe not the best for me to do freezer cooking.  But, it wasn't a good day for me to do anything at all so I just decided to jump in with this.

Lisa (who has a wonderful announcement on her blog) asked me to post the recipes of what I did.  Well Lisa, that would be an important thing to have on a freezer day, right?  Me, I just sorta jumped in.  

This is what I did get done, with no recipes because its stuff I make all the time.

1 bag of Taco Meat
1 bag of Shredded Chicken
2 bags of Seasoned Crockpot Black Beans
2 bags of Taco Rice

In addition to that we had Taco Salad for supper using the above (except for the chicken).  So I got three  meals out of this one day of cooking so its not a total loss.  We eat a lot of Mexican for lunch so having these in the freezer will be nice.

Money Saving Mom is having a Fill Your Freezer Month series and I have been following along with her and becoming inspired.  Right now she is focusing on using an hour a day to fill your freezer over a month  She breaks everything down for you and has lots of info and tips to make the cooking go easier.

I am not following her plan exactly, but was trying to do what she was doing with my own food.  I just started way too late in the day for me and realized I was out of things I wanted to do.  I would like to set aside some time on Fridays to do this more.  I think it is a great idea and every time you learn a little more so I will be trying it again. I think.  We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. I am going to check out money saving mom's series! i'm so sick these days so we've been eating out a lot since the thought of actually preparing food myself is unbearable, but i could probably muster up the nerve to do it once a week and prepare a lot at that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mamma Hen! I think you did a great job with your freezer meal preparations! It's so nice to be able to pull frozen, home made food out to thaw and serve! Sure beats frozen dinners from the store! I sometimes freeze leftovers so that we'll have something to eat for a last minute meal. Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete