Monday, July 30, 2012

Fall Garden 2012...


This weekend Mark and the boys planted our fall garden.  We have planted turnip greens before, but never a real fall garden, so I am interested to see how it all turns out.
photo.jpg

Our corn and green beans had quite producing so they cut them down and re-tilled. We planted two types of turnip greens-Shoquin and Purple Top, rutabagas, Miss Pink Peas, and three types of lettuce. Our tomatoes are still producing although they seem to be slow turning this year. We've had plenty of peppers, squash, and cucumbers. I've had two pickings of lima beans and hope to have at least one more. I had decided we would not do lima beans again as they take up a lot of space and don't yield much for the space. But after I tasted how good they were I think I have changed my mind. So good!

photo.jpg
Guess what I will be doing this week?
photo.jpg
Look how happy he is to be out in the garden!
photo.jpg
Little lima beans!
photo.jpg
Okra blooms. I think they are so pretty.
photo.jpg
Matt working hard.



photo.jpg
James and Scruffy having fun in the garden. Well, James is having a good time anyway. I think this may be my most favorite picture of James ever.  That smile just gets me every time. Even when he locked me out of the house the other day because he didn't like that I made him go in from the rain.  I had to run out to do some laundry and he locked me out. I'm pretty sure he won't do that again, but when he smiled that little smile to try to look cute so he wouldn't get in trouble it almost worked. The Mommy Force has to be strong in me with this one.
Today I am linking up at The Morris Tribe's Homesteading Carnival and Homestead Revival. 


The Morris Tribe Blog Carnival










1 comment:

  1. Your pictures won't show up for me, but I'm STILL jealous of your garden.

    (Not of all the work it takes, though.)

    ReplyDelete