Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Freezer Cooking Update...

It seems I was in the kitchen all week but I don't have much to report on what I put into the freezer.

I did 9 quarts of tomatoes, chopped some bell peppers, and we had a good bit of chicken and rice casserole left last night so I froze it for another meal.  Or part of another meal.  We did get some corn in this week, but I cooked it fresh.

So, its not much, but every little bit adds up. 

As soon as I get to the grocery store I'll be making salsa with some of those tomatoes (need some onions), some Rotel tomatoes,(need some celery), grape jelly (need the pectin), and fig preserves (need to get out and pick the figs). 

My sister in law Mollie has requested my grape jelly recipe.  So here goes-Mollie-I wish I had some great secret grape jelly recipe to share with you, but this is what I do.  I use the recipe in the pectin box.  If I do it exactly like the recipe says it never fails.  Needless to say, I'll never have my own cooking show....

Today is going to be busy day, but we have been home most of the week, and with all this rain we haven't been able to work in the garden or just sit out, so even I am getting a little stir-crazy.  And that's saying a lot cause I LOVE to be home.  For the record, I am NOT complaining about the rain-we need it so bad.  We did try to go to the library yesterday, but that was a big disaster, in that one of my children forgot how to act in public and we had to leave without one book.  As a matter of fact I felt like I was in the twilight zone of motherhood yesterday.  My normally well-behaved children didn't act well-behaved for most of the day.  It was very strange.  I could not wait until Mark got home so he could be her to back me up on all the discipline, but of course they were perfect angels once he was here.  Here's to a more well-behaved day. 

Today's agenda includes a physical for Abbie so she can go to summer camp-and that should be interesting because her doctor is already pushing the Gardisal (sp?) vaccine and I am not in favor right now.  Maybe later, but now right now.  Then the kids need a couple of items and at 2:15 I am getting my hair cut!!!!!  I haven't had my hair cut since last October and it is in desperate need.  Those groceries need to be bought sometime and tonight is my dad's company Annual Baseball Game and Fireworks show. All my family and lots of friends will be there and dinner will be provided that I don't have to cook or clean up so it sounds like a great evening to me!

1 comment: