Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Deep Breath....

Whew!  Whirlwind, tornado, do I have time to go to the bathroom?  Those phrases can describe my days since Saturday morning.  I will say this.  Things have gotten done. 

I am not sure how my mental & physical health is handling the getting done though.

Abbie, Betty, and I started painting Saturday morning and I finished yesterday morning about 7:30 am.  We put up our Christmas tree-twice.  We had it fully decorated and as we were gazing upon its beauty it fell over.  So we had to take it all off, Mark redid the stand, and then Abbie and her friend re-decorated it the next day.  We had our big Heritage Girl Christmas Party and the noise of 30 girls squealing in delight was um, delightful.  But loud.  Next week is more my style-Christmas carols at the nursing home.

I got some serious Christmas shopping done ALONE (thank you sweet Momma) and we also had a big meeting at church which made me break out in hives.  Real hives.  Nothing bad, nothing wrong-all good stuff-but before I went in had hives on my face and neck and was itching like crazy. 

I think you all know by now I really really love my husband.  But sometimes they do something so sweet and so special and you look at them and just want to cry in thankfulness.  Mark pulled one of those off Sunday night.  Our two main living rooms-the kitchen and the den, were a mess because of the painting.  Like, let me move over so you can pass mess.  We had one place to sit in there because the couches were covered in stuff we had taken off of walls, etc...  Let me assure you, I would have been MORTIFIED if someone walked in. 

A great chain of dumb ole events prevented me from getting home to finish the painting Sunday night and I had a day like you wouldn't believe going on Monday and I honestly didn't know how I could face the Monday morning with all that mess in my house.

When I finally walked in the door Sunday night I saw that Mark had enlisted the big boys and they had cleaned the house-big time.  You could walk!  You could sit!  You could even prepare a meal if need be.  You could sit and look at the twice-decorated tree without things falling on you.  Seriously, the L stocking holder from my NOEL set fell on James' head when he sat down under the mantle.  It hurt, but thankfully it only made a tiny scratch.

And that's what I'm going to do today.  After two running around days I have three whole days at home.  And I plan on looking at my newly painted walls and my clean house and my Christmas tree.  And I guess I will throw some school in there :)

Thank you Mark!

1 comment: