Monday, February 10, 2014

Go, go, and going some more....

So, I got all our meals taken care of on Saturday for this coming week.  I did lots of freezer meals and meal prep so hopefully things will go well in the food department.  Mark and I are trying not to eat out for a couple of months so we can do some other things financially and since food is my responsibility around here I am well, trying.  Cooking every meal from scratch is hard when you are in the car most of the day, but the more you do it the easier it becomes.  It is just figuring out what works best for you. 

My other main responsibility around here is mothering and school.  Which right now involves my van -a lot.  This week alone is Scouts, three co-op classes, a school meeting, piano lessons, youth choir, youth small groups, and a big grocery trip on Friday.  And then you have the actual teaching and child-follow through and its 4:30 before you know it and everyone is saying, "I'm hungry, what's for supper?"

I wanted to share this recipe for you because it is so easy and sooooo good.  They are pretty also-would be sweet for Valentine's Day or a girl's baby shower.

Cherry Fluff Cups 

(totally made up this name bc I don't know the real name or where I got the recipe from.  I made a double batch Saturday for us to have throughout this week)

1 can cherry pie filling
1 can condensed milk
1 container whipped topping

Mix it all together and it turns a pretty pink color.  Freeze in cupcake liners or a regular baking pan until frozen.  That's it!  So yummy!

Abbie and I also said that you could probably do blueberry pie filling if it was a shower for a boy.  And I'm thinking that peach would be delicious also.

Off to Algebra!  What are you doing today?


2 comments:

  1. Hi MamaHen! Sounds like a busy week for ya'll! Hopefully you'll get to all those things if the weather doesn't get bad! I've been cooking and preparing for it, just in case. I hope it doesn't get bad like they predict!
    I like the sounds of your freezer meals and prep! What did you fix? I do a lot on Sundays preparing my son's lunch for school the following week. Maybe you'll get a little break this week! Stay warm! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicia, I did a couple of different things. I have lots of blueberries in my freezer so I made three recipes of blueberry muffins. I froze what we didn't eat that day and the next day. They are good for breakfast and snacks. I made sloppy joes, cooked some ground beef, cooked and chopped some chicken, and made a chicken pot pie, a rotel chicken casserole, a poppy seed chicken casserole, and chicken enchiladas. I can use the beef and chicken for chili, taco soup, and chicken noodle soup.

      Delete