Monday, August 18, 2008

Promises

"In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Psm 30:15

Satan would love for me to let my mind go to all the What Ifs that my flesh naturally turns to, but God has promised me that He will be my Peace.

The way we feel about the Truth does not change the Truth. God is ALWAYS faithful, whether we realize it at the time or not. When it comes to the Gospel, His Truth, His promises, it is not the amount of my faith that will hold me up - it is the goodness of God. His promises are what holds me up. I tend to want to worry about everything. Some things are big things and some are so dumb I can laugh about them now. But I can't depend on my feelings for the day. My feelings change day to day, minute to minute. I tend to immediately become fearful whenever there is a new situation or circumstance in my life. I like things status quo. But God says..

"For you did not recieve the spririt of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, Abba Father." Romans 8:15

I do not have to be fearful and worried. My Abba Father cares.

I have had this verse on my fridge for years. It says

"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I will cry to you,
When my HEART IS OVERWHELMED;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psm 61:2

1 comment:

  1. Bride
    I love you so dearly, i wish i could take it all away but i cant.
    My prayers for you are that you will be happy, that your dreams would be realized and that each day will be filled with the simple pleasures,
    after all they are the only ones that matter.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete