Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Sweet Hubby

Well, the plague that knocked Mark down Monday and Tuesday hit me yesterday. I woke up and felt "funny". I get nauseated very easily so I didn't think too much of it. Got Mark off to work and he was gone for approximately 30 minutes when I realized I could not make it through the day alone. I won't go into details cause it ain't pretty.

Mark started home, I told Abbie to take care of the baby (he didn't even have a new diaper on yet), and the boys to take care of breakfast and the house and I collapsed in the recliner. As soon as Mark hit the door I headed to bed. And stayed there until 9:00 last night.

It was interesting to hear him with the kids. He relates to them so differently than me. It's so sweet. He doesn't put up with anything off these kids, but they still clamor for him all day. They can't get enough of him. And he can't get enough of them.

He cleaned the house up (including the disgusting dishwasher gunk on the bottom that I had been dreading), and kept everyone fed and happy. He went and got me Liquid Tylenol, (I can't take the regular when I am sick) and brought me cold drinks all day. He would turn the air up and down as I went from chills to sweating in a five minute period. He told me how much he loved me and wished that I would feel better. I wish he could stay home everyday, but I do not wish to be sick enough for him to have to stay home everyday. Feeling better today, but very weak.

He's a good one gals.

Oh, yesterday morning when I was so sick Matt came up and said, "I'm sorry you are sick Mom, but it still doesn't stop you from looking good!" I think somebody's going to get a good one too!

8 comments:

  1. Yuck!! I'm so sorry.
    We've managed to not get it from Ali, thank goodness, but I've been on pins and needles all week waiting for it.
    Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so sweet of Matt to say! I do hope you get better real soon. It must be the change in seasons or something. Rest and relax and get well soon!!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are so sick! I'm sure you are much better today. I'm praying for the bug to go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..what a sweetie that Matt is - guess he gets that from his Daddy, huh? Sorry you had a yucky day but so sweet that you were so well loved and taken care of -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I don't think anybody's ever told me I look good when I'm sick. You're a lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one wondering what Matt is schmoozing up to you for?

    Go Mark!!! Dat's my big bro'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mollie, are you implying that I'm not just absolutely stunning when I am gross sick? Cause I don't know exactly where you live, but I can find it!!!!!

    Just kidding my dear sista in law!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy - it's worth it for me to provide you with directions to my house despite your threats just to have the visit! I'll comply any time. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete