Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finished.

We finished planting the garden yesterday. That is such a relief. Now we should have about two weeks (?) of just waiting before the little sprouts (and the weeds) start coming up. I can't believe we got it all done in one day, but I was amazed at how much the three big kids did. They really worked hard. And Mark was the tilling machine. He even got the soaker hoses in and our well pump fixed. Someone, (whose name starts with a M and ends with an ATT) accidentally dropped the hose pipey thing that is crucial to the well pump working down INTO the well, so that had to be fixed. I did most of the planting with help from the kiddos. Even Little James planted a few seeds of corn. He mostly entertained us by playing with his dump truck in the dirt though.

Can I tell you I am loving George the rabbit? I told Mark we better get our baby soon or I might end up with a whole bunch of rabbits to take care of. Instead of the crazy cat lady I would be the crazy rabbit lady. I made sure to take plenty of rest breaks to play with him. Mark says that George is the salted peanut of the animal kingdom and sure enough we had a hawk flying around yesterday.

I am putting up a garden page in my sidebar if anyone is interested in what we planted. I also want to record our harvest and how much I can and freeze this summer. It should be interesting to see how it all works out.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the garden done! I can't wait to get mine going. We've got seedlings started, but due to living in Minnesota we can't put it in the ground till mid-May!

    Blessings to you, my gardening friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great about the garden! How fun that the bigger kids are old enough to be helpful and make a difference...that will be nice one day. :)

    yes, keep an eye on that bunny. I have a tragic bunny story to tell at some point, but it might be best if you DON'T let Matt read that one over your shoulder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't started on our garden yet...but soon. This will be our first one. How exciting. Did you put it on the side bar yet? I was looking and didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that you got the garden done! I would love to have one someday...a miniature one in our small backyard, but a garden none the less!

    Too funny about the bunny being the salted peanut :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's some garden!

    If you have any stairs at your house, make sure George stays far away from them...they can be dangerous for little bunnies (I'll spare you the story behind this warning, it's pretty sad.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He and Me Plus 3,
    It is right above the followers section. Good luck with your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy Rabbit Lady - love it! I can't wait to go read about the garden and see what you planted 'specially for me!!!

    ReplyDelete