Friday, June 1, 2012

Freezer Friday Update....

Okay, one of my summer projects is to try to use Friday morning as a Fill My Freezer Day and today I actually followed through.  Two out of two!  Woo-Hoo!

I sorta got on a roll this morning and ended up with much more than I thought I was going to do.  But, it was all out and the kitchen was a mess anyway so I just kept going.

For my freezer I did:
1 loaf of banana bread
Yogurt Pops made with strawberries and blackberries
42 blueberry muffins
and
3 bags of cooked chopped chicken.

I had three different kinds of cooked chicken from previous meals in my fridge, but there wasn't enough of it all together to make another whole meal so I chopped it all up for chicken pot pies.

I also made for us today:
1 loaf of banana bread
and
a blackberry cobbler for dessert tonight.

I was also able to freeze a quart of blackberries and we will need to pick again tonight.  We also have to tie up the tomatoes today, but I am waiting for the sun to move off the garden.

I'm not sure what happened, but I got a burst of energy after lunch and the boys and I got their room all cleaned up.  Even the baseboards.  All the furniture is moved and ready for Mark to put the bunk beds together.

Then, Abbie and I painted the first coat on a dresser/changing table that I am turning into a little entertainment center to hold all the boys gaming stuff and games.  I wish I could do a before and after picture, but we can't find the memory card AGAIN.  I really think something is wrong with us.

Abbie-Girl has been handling the laundry today and the big boys have been working in their room and moving some flowers outside.  James has been exploring today and has been Captain Hook.  I found a $1 Pirates hook at Target yesterday and he has had the most fun.  I am generally against the whole pirate thing because you know they really were the bad guys, but as he has no idea about pirates except they run ships and have only one hand and I am okay with it.

Okay, got to walk, do the tomatoes, pick the berries and then fall asleep on the couch.  Mark will try to wake me up to get me to bed and I will get all mad and huffy.  But if he doesn't wake me up I get all mad and huffy because I have a crick in my neck in the morning.  I have tried to be nice about it all, but once I hit that sleep zone all bets are off.

Today I am linking up at Money Saving Mom's Freezer Series.  I love her blog and the fact that she is learning and doing the Series right along with her readers.  I bet you will enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were very productive! Please don't ask me what I got accomplished bc it might not even take up one line. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My day doesn't sound as productive as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness==where are you getting the energy? Must be all the fresh grown fruits and vegis.

    ReplyDelete