Monday, September 24, 2012

Homemade Cream of Chicken Mix....

I am excited to share today's post because who doesn't love a cute mix in a cute jar with a cute label?  I am starting to be like Laura from Heavenly Homemakers who has a jar obsession.

A long time ago I made Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.  It was very delicious, but it was a lot of work and I had a hard time remembering to take it out of the freezer in time for it to thaw out for when I needed it.  It probably did save money by making it from scratch, but if I didn't use it, well, you see.

Eventually it all did get used, but I never made another batch.

And then I came across this post and I made the above batch in less than five minutes.  And it goes in a cute little jar with a cute little label!  I only made one batch because I want to use this and get a feel for how it is going to work in my recipes.  If  it turns out well, I will make several batches and put into a much larger jar.  I also want to track down how to make cream of mushroom and celery.  Does anyone know?

Thanks Saving 4 Six! 

Today I am linking up at Homestead Revival's Barn Hop and Growing Home.



Growing Home

No comments:

Post a Comment